Ing. Philipp Caha
Owner / Technic
+43 680 2080455
We develop electronic devices and software as well as web portals in this area for you.
- Hardware development
- Layouting (PCB)
- Embedded software development (e.g. IoT, Firmware, ...)
- Windows software development
- Linux software development
- Web development
- Prototype development and manufacturing
In hardware and software development, we offer you active participation on site, project development, assistance and support. In what areas can we help you?
There are many areas in hardware development and we can cover a lot here, but we still have some advantages that make faster development possible. So we primarily use ARM Cortex processors from ST, but this is not a requirement. Here are some areas that we cover in hardware development:
- Circuit design (analog technology, digital technology, HF)
- Chipdesign (PLD, FPGA, CPLD...)
- Energy sector (DC / DC converter, chargers, ...)
- uC technology 8.16 and 32Bit (8051, 680xx, C167, AVR, PIC, ARM, Cortex M0 / 1/3/4, ...)
- EMC (CE and UL certifications)
- Communication (Ethernet, POTS, ISDN, GSM, LTE, ...)
- Navigation (GPS, WAAS, EGNOS, ...)
- Bus systems (CAN, I2C, 232, 485, USB, BT, ...)
Schaltplanerstellung mit Autodesk Eagle Layout | Komplettlösung STM32CubeIDE | Schaltungssimulation mit LTSpice
In addition to the circuit design, we can simulate the circuit, build it as a prototype, carry out tests and bring it to series production.
We have been routing circuits for you according to your wishes for over 30 years. Theoretically, we route with every program, from SMARTWORK (1986) to Altium Designer (2021) - if available, of course. Autodesk Eagle is permanently available, Altium Designer / PADS we usually route with a license from the customer. The circuit board (PCB) is manufactured by partners such as Würth, Eurocircuits, PIU Printex and Multi-CB.
Embedded software development
We can look back on many years of experience in the embedded area. Several processors have hit the market over the past 25 years. Here are just a few typical projects with which we have already implemented.
- ASM, C, C++, ...
- Development : 8051, 8086, 6502, 68Hxx, PIC, AVR, ...
- Development 16Bit : C166/167, 68000, PIC, Renesas, Fujitsu, ...
- Development 32Bit : ARM7, ARM9, Cortex-M0/1/3/4, MC68030, PIC32, ...
- Development DSP : AD2187/89, TI, ...
- Real-time OS : RTOS, FreeRTOS, RTX, Linux, ACOS, STACOS, Eigene OS, ...
The development environment varies from microcontroller to microcontroller. While KEIL was a market leader in the past, today there is usually an excellent IDE from the manufacturer. For ARM development, we rely on processors from ST. They offer an unbeatable price / performance ratio and a free development environment that leaves nothing to be desired. NXP also offers a very good solution with its processors and development environments. In Linux, for example. on the Raspberry Pi we use GNU tools or the Qt Creator for projects with Qt. Microsoft offers a good neutral editor (IDE) with its Visual Studio Code, which can be adapted to every need.
Windows Software development
We develop software under Windows with Microsoft Visual Studio C # and are actually only used for configuration software or for tools for electronic devices. This includes programming tools and configuration tools for the settings of the embedded development. The connection to the device can be made via the network, a USB port, CAN or RS485 as an example.
The software can be delivered to your customers via installation CD or Internet download.
Linux Software development
Developments under Linux are limited to console applications and C ++. A development with Python, JAVA or other programming languages must be discussed beforehand.
The web development is, like the Windows developments, limited to the configuration software via CGI. The required "web server" is shown here as an integration in the firmware - as is known from routers. We do other web developments within our web department at www.mediastage.at
Prototype development and manufacturing
We develop a complete project for you. From the specification, specification sheet, functional specification to CE certification in order to be able to sell your product on the European market. Here are a few steps for processing:
- Get ideas down on paper
- Possibly. Duties & specifications
- Project planning
- Schematic design
- Production of prototypes with assembly
- Initial start-up
- Firmware development
- Layout redesign / final version
- CE tests
- Production transfer to a custom electronics
If you have any questions or if something is unclear, please contact us for an initial discussion. We can clarify this in a consultation and take the first steps.